Business Development Manager – Southern California
Makinex is one of Australia’s most innovative and award-winning construction design companies and we are searching for the next member of our team here in America. This is your chance to bring your passion and sales experience to a company that values collaboration, simplicity, and innovation!
The Southern California, Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for developing and growing Makinex’s sales within the assigned territory. The BDM will sell to the marketplace through our Dealers / Distributors, maintaining and expanding Makinex’s strategic relationships with partner companies, while representing the entire range of company products and services.
The ideal candidate would be someone who currently lives close to the Torrance, CA headquarters.
Here are the nuts and bolts of the role:
- To build solid customer relationships
- To maximize profitability and expand the Makinex brand within assigned territory
- To annually increase sales into the assigned territory
- Conduct product demonstrations, in the field, with our Dealer / Distributor partners, as well as directly with the End-User(s)
- Promoting and selling products through developing new business and managing existing relationships
- Develop NEW sales strategies across the multiple markets we serve and increase our network & reach
- Conduct site assessments for customers to identify products that fit their needs
- Prepare formal quotes
- Attend related partner sales, association, and trade shows
- Utilize customer management system - SAP
- Travel within the region as needed – 75-80%
What we’re needing from you:
- STRONGLY PREFERRED: Existing sales experience within Power Generation, Flooring, Concrete, or General Construction sectors.
- 3-5 years of Regional Account management sales within a B2B environment
- Proven experience in selling construction and related industry products
- Experience managing, working with regional Manufacturing Rep firms
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office), as well as experience with SAP CRM
- And lastly, a Southern Cal, can-do attitude
Key Internal Relationships:
- VP of Sales & Marketing
- General Manager - USA
- Other USA Business Development Managers (BDMs)
- Marketing Operations Manager
Key External Relationships:
- Key Accounts, Dealers and Distributors
- Manufacturing Res
- Related, local Associations
- Competitive Salary
- Company vehicle with a gas card
- Sales Tools: Laptop, Cell phone, etc.
- Full Healthcare Benefits: Medical, Vision & Dental
- 4 weeks Paid time off
Please Email your resume to email@example.com